Thursday, July 26, 2012

Allison is here!!!

It's official I picked Allison up today at the airport and have spent a wonderful evening with Allison and my 4th daughter (she really should be mine) Katie!!  She's here and she is safe and we are headed to Tyler tomorrow to pick up the keys etc... to John & Allison's new apartment!!  John and his father are driving the truck and will be here either Friday night late, or Saturday in time to unload the truck and get them all moved in!!

Allison, Katie and I went to "The Olive Garden" Allison's favorite place to eat and had fun talking about old memories and catching up with the new.  Katie just moved back to Texas with her husband too, so it was fun catching up with both my girls.

Allison and Katie were upstairs and Alan said, "aren't you going upstairs too."  I told him I thought they might want some time to talk without me and Alan said, "Oh, are they up watching a 'Friends' marathon" and I laughed and told him I loved that he knew them and their friendship that well!!  Too fun!  Because yes, they were watching "Friends".

I also loved hearing that Anne Marie made a special trip down to Provo to spend one last day with John and Allison before they moved to Texas.  I'm sure that Anne Marie is going to miss having them close by in Utah.  Both Allison and Anne Marie told me that she made this effort, so i know it meant something to both of them!!

I love that Kate Kelly (Rogers) Allison's best friend from church as a teenager made a special effort for them to get together in Provo before she moved away from Provo.  I always called Kate my 4th daughter too, because they really did do everything together.  So I have been feeling quite a bit of nostalgia tonight and so grateful for good friends, loving family, and really amazing children!!

It's been a great day!

No comments: