Sunday, November 25, 2012

Baby Shower - part 1

I am so humbled, amazed, and grateful at the wonderful support of the Baby Shower we had for my daughter for her baby and my first grandbaby!!  Our Ward/Church is amazing, my friends are amazing, and my daughter is pretty wonderful herself!  We worried that maybe with having the baby shower over the holiday it might not be a good time for people to come......but for our family it was the best time because the Rex's were going to be in town for Thanksgiving so Allison could have her Mother-in-law and Sister's-in-laws here so that they could be apart of the celebration that otherwise they might have to miss.  The only down side for me, was that Anne Marie had to choose Christmas or the Baby shower for us to bring her home for, and Thanksgiving she only has the day of Thanksgiving off with working at a Hospital and at Christmas time she will have 4 days......so she chose Christmas!  But I know she was thinking about all of us and wishing us the best!  And it won't be long before we will all be together!!

I'm going to do the shower in parts, so it will be easier for the reader to enjoy, because I wanted this shower to be special for my daughter so a lot of work and details went into this shower and I do want to share it all in my personal history!!

Theme and Decorations:

I wanted to do something different and fun, and knowing that I'm old and maybe a little old fashioned, I asked a young mother in our Ward (Caitlin Thompson) who has thrown some of the cutest showers I have ever been to, to help me plan a fun shower for my daughter.  She was so fun to work with and she said that she would love to help me with my daughter's shower and she doesn't even know my daughter!   She presented me different ideas and when I saw the Paris Cafe Themed shower ideas I loved it immediately and started planning......and forgot that Elizabeth and Barbara might have wanted to be apart of this....oops!!  But they were good sports and went with it and helped me pull off this amazing adventure!!  Elizabeth wanted to do Owls as our theme because Allison's baby crib bedding had owls on it, and I admit that too would have been cute.....but it looked like a lot more work to me....so we kept with my pick, but had the cake decorated like the bedding!  We thought that was a great compromise!!

Here are pictures of the decorations.  Caitlin, Elizabeth, and I all agreed the the best decorations was going to be the food and it really was.....but the other stuff was importance for the ambiance.


 
Lindsey Cobb made these cookies as favors for the guests!  They were perfect!









My Nephew Steve and his wife Teresa made this cute
diaper cake that just added to the festivities!!


 
The Women who helped the dream come to life:  L to R
MaryAnn Stephens; Caitlin Thompson; Becky Wangler; Shelby Denti
and of course I never could have done it without Elizabeth and Barbara...
I love this picture of the Clay girls!
 

No comments: