Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!

Today is the "official holiday" day this year because the actual Veteran's Day, November 11, 2012 fell on a Sunday....so I would like to thank all those who have served and are serving now and will serve our Country in protecting our freedoms!!  But, I would especially like to thank 2 people that I love very much.

My father-in-law, Karl W. Brown who served in World War II and came home to marry a beautiful woman and raised an incredible family.  A family that I am so pleased to be apart of.  It has been 27 yrs since he passed away, but he is in his families heart every day and we know that we will be together again some day!!  I look forward to that day!  Love you Dad!!


Second, I would like to recognize and thank my Nephew Andy Winslow, who served in Afghanistan, and is still the best Marine I know!! Thank you for your service and love of country and bravery!!  We are glad you are home safe to your beautiful wife and that we don't have to worry so much, but you are always in our prayers!!  Love you!!

 

Thanks to both of these brave men and to all others who fight to protect our freedoms!!

No comments: