Monday, November 26, 2012

Tell me why......

Can someone tell me why, when we/I have had such an amazing weekend with family and friends, why when the baby shower we planned for my daughter turned out even better than I could have ever dreamed, its now Monday morning and I'm a little sad.....not sad sad, but maybe a little let down.  Sunday I was still running on the high of the party, seeing my daughter and my Son-in-law and his wonderful family and then taught my Gospel Doctrine lesson and posted pictures from the baby shower which was like re-living the awesome experience all over again!!  But now, this morning I got up and got Aileen ready for the bus, started typing for the Doctors office that I do at home and can't believe how I felt.  A little more than "back to the grind stone" kind of a feeling.  And more than anything else this upsets me because it smacks of ingratitude!  And I would never want to be that.

So, the cure for feeling this way is to obviously count my blessings.  There are so many, too many to list here in this blog, but as I start to say them out loud in my prayer the little bit of sadness that I felt has gone away!  and I am so grateful for my family, my extended family, and such wonderful friends that would want me to have this special moment with my daughter as we both experience our first - first baby and first grand baby!!  I'm grateful that my son-in-law is so amazing, and that his family loves my daughter and I'm grateful for the great in-law relationship that we have, we have had many joint get togethers with weddings, graduations, birthday's, baby shower, and will have future baby blessings, baptisms etc... and we all work well together and enjoy our time together and I think that is possible because both sets of parents only want the best for their children and have a love for the Savior and the Gospel in our lives.   I'm grateful for a sister who loves my daughter as if she was her own and only wants the best for her and her little family and that I can always count on her.  I know if others in my family lived closer I could count on them too, but Elizabeth is right here and a great help to me.  I'm grateful for my parents all 3 and my in laws all 3 and the blessing they have been in my life as well as to my children's lives!  I'm most grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ and the knowledge that I have of their love, their tender mercies, and great blessings even through trials.

If I went on this post would never end....but just know, that I know I am truly blessed.

No comments: