Friday, November 30, 2012

The other day.....

The other day I was talking to Alan, and I mentioned to him, that our family really was blessed that Dad married Barbara after my mother passed away.  I know that this is not something that I have just realized.  I've known it from the beginning.  But maybe with Allison's baby shower just recently, it brought it to the forefront of my mind in a way that made me remember and truly appreciate out loud to Alan that - Not every family would so happily and quickly accept our extended family as their family as Barbara's have.  And I have to say, that it was very meaningful to me that at the Baby Shower Barbara's sisters where there celebrating with us as my Aunts, Allison's Great Aunts, and the baby's great great Aunts!  And as my heart was so full with all the love and support of our friends and family at the Baby Shower, I couldn't help but marvel at the way the Lord has made it possible for my children to have more family that loves and cares for them in this life and that is a precious gift!  I really think that is what Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness is all about.

So Thank you, Beverly, Barbara, and Debbie



No comments: