Thursday, November 8, 2012

Letters about me and my talents from my husband and my father....

As you may remember in a previous post, our RS had a dinner to celebrate our talents and one of the things that Barbara, our RS President did was ask the husbands to write letters to their wives, and she presented us with those at the dinner.  I felt extra special because I also got one from my Dad as he is in our Ward and was there at the dinner!!  It's nice to hear what my Dad thinks of me as an adult.

From my sweet husband:

Dear Lois,

I'm writing to say you are beautiful and I love you!  You are my everything.  I can't tell you how much you mean to me.  You are the most supportive and optimistic companion.  We have been through a lot together and there is still more to come, but also there are more good times to come as well.  I'm glad you get to showcase your talents because they are many and you have blessed our family with them.

Thank you for all you do for me and the girls and John.  You are the rock in this family.  We tease you, but we all know who keeps this family going.

I love your testimony and the great amount of faith you have.  We have really needed that over the years and you have always come through for me and the family.

I am very serious when I say, you are the most gorgeous woman on the planet.  You are and always will be the love of my life!

Love, Alan


From my Dad:

Dearest Lois,

You will never know how much joy you have brought into your Mothers and my life.  We always knew that we could count on Lois for just about anything or any situation that came up.  No matter how contentious the discussion, you always made the right decision and did the right thing.

I admire:  Your love of the Lord and his atonement; your testimony and commitment to the Gospel; your kindness to others especially the less fortunate and downtrodden; your commitment to do your assigned duties to the fullest for the benefit of those whom you are called to serve; your dedication to family and how high a priority it is in your life; your ability to take a hard blow and still keep on doing the things that are right and punch through to success in spite of the circumstances; your creative ability in crafts, homemaking, calendars, theater, and other work related issues.

You have the voice of an Angel.  It brings such beauty to anyone who has the chance to hear.  I look forward to hearing you sing every Sunday during church services.  I admire your ability to play the violin and piano.  I admire your willingness to continue to work on those talents when time permits.

You are a wonderful mother to Aileen.  No one can know the difficulties of that assignment from the Lord, but the Lord knows and is pleased with your efforts.  Aileen one day will be able to express her appreciation to you in a very meaningful way.  It is amazing to me to see how well we can see her expressing herself to us in limited ways, yet so very clearly.  She truly is a beautiful daughter of God sent to bless us every one.

You are such a good wife and help-meet.  Often you show kindness and love no matter how difficult things seem to be and you have an ability to help Alan become so much a better person which will bring more satisfaction and joy to the marriage.  Keep up the good work.  As your mother and Barbara can tell you its a lifetime endeavor.

You are a very special beautiful daughter whom your mother and I take so much pride in how you live your life and keep your priorities in focus.

Much love,  Dad

No comments: