Sunday, November 18, 2012

Saturday fun......

I got a phone call from my son-in-law that said, "There's good news and there's bad news!"  The good news is that the cradle Allison wanted and I ordered on the Baby's R Us gift registry arrived today (Friday), the bad news is it arrived broken from shipping!!  They had done their research and new that the store had the crib in stock in Tyler, TX, and that we could exchange it, but I had to be there with my credit card to do so and the crib box would not fit in any of our cars....So, my beautiful sister Elizabeth, drove me and her truck to Tyler Saturday morning helped John load the crib into the truck, helped us return it and then helped carry the new.....non broken crib to their apartment.  That is love, when your Aunt (Allison's) will drop everything on Saturday, get up early, and drive 2 hrs to help get the baby's crib taken care of.

After Elizabeth left, John found this year round Christmas Store, and told me he knew I would love it and that I really needed to see it...........so after lunch at Panera Bread, good choice Allison, we drive 20 minutes to Gilmore, Texas to the store and yes, I did love it and yes, I spent way to much money, and yes, I have an awesome Son-in-law!!  We found out the owners are members of our Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, that was a fun coincidence that made me even happier that I spent so much!!

I got a couple of gifts, but the thing I was most excited about is, I Collect Santa's, and I have been wanting a Cowboy Santa for my collection, kind of to represent our time here in Texas, and I found the perfect one!!  Merry Christmas to me!!

Meantime, Alan and Aileen had been at the car dealership getting part in our new car replaced.  Then they headed to Tyler, TX. to be with us and go to Dinner at Chili's (another good choice Allison).  Yes, we let the pregnant lady tell us what sounds good.


Aileen was so cute, feeling Allison's stomach and the baby move.  And at the restaurant, Aileen and Allison were having an very intense one on one conversation that no one else was invited in on.  Aileen was paying such close attention to everything that Allison was telling her it was precious!!


Today is a day to celebrate, Allison has now made it farther than I did with any of my pregnancies.  She was my longest pregnancy at 30-31 wks, which was a miracle and Allison is now 31 weeks and no complications (Knock on Wood) and looks about as cute as any pregnant woman I have ever seen!!

31 wks - so cute!!
 
We watched the BYU game and then headed home....but the Doctor I work for and his wife sent a present for Allison's baby, which I thought was incredibly thoughtful, however they always seem to do the thoughtful thing!!  So we had fun watching her open so fun stuff!  A bank for the baby which I didn't get a very good picture of, but it was really cute!!  A onsie from Baby Gap, and the cutest Zebra dress and headband!!  Too fun!



No comments: