Friday, December 28, 2012

Les Misérables

Ahhhhhh, Les Misérables.  We always have the Christmas tradition of going to a movie Christmas day and this year it was unanimous that we should go see Les Misérables.

photo by: IMDb
I was worried that it would not live up to all the hype that they were giving it before the Holiday's and I worried about a couple of the actors, and I wondered if after seeing it on stage twice, if I would like it in movie form.  But I did, we did, everyone loved it and I can't wait to see it again.  I felt the movie was maybe even better than on stage, because when you see people's faces up close and they are good actors like these were you can really feel what they are portraying more so than from a distance on stage.  I cried at parts I had never felt that deeply before because I felt I could really feel what they were feeling....so yes, it was fabulous!!  Loved Hugh Jackman, I knew he would be fabulous,  Anne Hathaway was amazing, all the men fighting the revolution had great voices....it was just awesome!!
 
 Alan, Anne Marie, and myself went to the first showing on Christmas day at 11:10 am. Because we then had to get Anne Marie ready to get to the airport and we were shocked when we came out of the movie theatre and snow was on the ground....Her plane did get out, maybe the only one that day, but she got home and ready for work on Wednesday!

Did not expect snow in Texas!!  But we got it!!
Allison and John stayed home for that showing, because John's brother who is on a mission in the Amazon (I kid you not) was getting to skype home to talk to everyone and of course they wanted to be there for that with their computer too.  They went the next day to Les Misérables and said they really liked it.  So we did not see the movie all together....but we all did see the same movie.

Getting to talk to your missionary on Christmas.....Priceless!!
 

No comments: