Saturday, December 15, 2012

RS Christmas Dinner

Thursday was our ward/church Relief Society Christmas Dinner.  They asked people to sign up to decorate a table for 8 people.  And since I haven't used my Christmas dishes in a long time I thought that would be fun.  Then I was also asked to sing for one of the numbers of the program. I didn't want to sing by myself, so I asked Karin Havens, who I have sung a duet with before, to sing with me.....as I knew my favorite Christmas duet was her favorite Christmas duet, plus she is always accompanying others now as we have No, yes NO, piano players in our ward, so we never get to hear her sing any more.  And our favorite Christmas duet is "Were You There".

Always in my scrubs, always just coming from work lol!!


Thanks to Carol Malone for always accompanying us!


Love singing with Karin Havens

 
Now, on Thursday nights I don't get off work until 5:00pm at which time I have to run home and wait for Aileen to get off the bus which could be anytime between 5:00 and 6:30pm, bless MITS hearts, and then I needed to pick up one of my visiting teaching sisters so she could come and I was suppose to meet Karin and Carol Malone, who is accompanying us to practice at 6:00pm and the dinner starts at 6:30pm. and Alan gets off work at 5:30pm and usually gets home right before 6:00 pm.  The reason I tell you all this is, I wondered when was I going to get my table set up......they were opening up the church at 4:00pm to let all come and set up, but that didn't help me.  Luckily Becky Wangler said that If I brought everything over to her, she would set up my table for me, which really was a life saver, but had I been there early enough to see that I really needed a little something extra for my center piece I probably would have done it............but I still think it turned out nice..............just not what I had wanted it to be..............I wanted it to be "spectacular" lol!!  I needed more greenery, or some kind of fancy something under the Santa on the sled holding a Christmas tree, or lights or something......so, even though I had fun doing it, it really wasn't what I had hoped it would look like and I really think its just because I really couldn't be there to set it up and remember how big the tables are and how much room the tables had so that the center pieces had to be bigger etc.  I purposefully made the center piece a little less thinking I didn't want to overpower the table or make it too crowded forgetting how large the round tables at the church are.  I did love the white table cloth with the red shear overlay though, I was happy with that.



It was a very nice night.  Then at the end we were all given a little gift and a bag of M&M's with a Christmas saying on it about how M&M's represent Christmas, which I had never seen before and I love seeing new things.


No comments: