Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We are getting closer....

We are getting closer to Christmas and for Saturday when all of my Children will be here at my home under one roof!!  I cannot wait!  We are also getting closer to me having all my Christmas gifts done, probably not as close as I would like.....but closer!  And we are getting closer to me having completed my nephew, Tytan's, Christmas Sock!  It's turning out really cute and I'm excited to get this done because there are too many other things I still have on my list to accomplish for Saturday when the kids arrive!  The last thing I want any of them to say is......"Did you not know, I was coming?"

Once again, cell phone picture so not very good.....but gives you the idea,
oh, its going to be cute!!

Several years ago, probably one of the first times that everyone came home after being away to college etc... I got most everything done, but there were a few things that I thought...."Oh, well, If I don't get them done, my children can help me finish" and I can tell you I thought that was plenty acceptable because they are my kids after all and thought they would be more interested/understanding in helping get ready....

But when I had to finish clearing out a space for Anne Marie's bed so that she had a place to stay she looked at me and said...."Did you not know, that I was coming?"  Which of course I knew she was coming I had bought the tickets....but you get it.  And one time when I thought Allison would help me decorate the tree, she really felt like, no she was company now.  So ever since then I realized that when children come home after being away, they want to be treated like company and that we went all out getting ready for them to come because we were so excited!!

And as I thought about it My mother-in-law was very good at making us feel that way whenever we came, but my Mom was a little more like what I get done, I get done, and if you want more done, then you can help me do it when you get here.....or she would even have things for us to do once we got there that helped her get ready for the holiday....now that was fine with me, because that was some of the fun of being at Mom's and making the traditions come to life....but I guess my children look at it a different way and I respect that.  So, I am working diligently for my precious company that is coming for the holiday so that they will know.....That I knew they were coming!!

I'm getting excited!!  And I'm grateful for Mom Brown/Jackson for showing me how that is done!!

No comments: