Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Friday night at Concerts in the Garden



Last month was Becky Wangler's birthday, who is one of the ladies that MaryAnn and I visit teach.  We always try to celebrate birthday's with our gals, but because of schedule conflicts with Becky and us and MaryAnn having to go out of town we were not able to get together to celebrate in May, so we told her that we would celebrate this month, which also happens to be my birthday so we decided to combine our birthdays and do something really fun.......like, Concerts in the Gardens!!

MaryAnn went to a lot of work to make it special for us and we had such a good time and I am not going to lie, it was pretty spectacular to have fireworks for our birthday!!  Thanks MaryAnn!!



We got there early to get good seats on the lawn....


 
 MaryAnn made us a great meal to enjoy before hand and we exchanged presents .....

 
 Lettuce Chicken wraps and Chinese coleslaw....

 
 And some really yummy fruit thing that had to be very high in calories (it tasted like ice cream) so I told her no matter how much I begged I could not have more...and it was really good I wanted to beg, but I didn't.

Then we played Canasta waiting for it to get dark and the concert to start.....

The band this night was "Green River Ordinance"

 
 And then fireworks......it was a great night and a great way to celebrate birthdays!!



No comments: