Saturday, June 8, 2013

I am a cheap date

I know that sounds funny, but I am a cheap date and I'm kind of proud of it too!!  Alan and I went out tonight and it doesn't take much to make me happy, its just about being out with my honey and enjoying the time together!

First I went to Barnes N Noble to meet Alan after work, and he wasn't ready to go, so I sat and read in peace and quiet until he was ready to go......it already was a great date right there!!

Then we went to Toco Bell and spent $4 whole dollars on dinner!

After, we headed to the movie, where Alan gets the senior discount (hehe) so that made our tickets cheaper and the best part......because I have earned rewards on my frequent flyer movie card at Starplex Theatres I got a kids deal, a little tray of popcorn, drink, and skittles, and Alan got a small popcorn and small drink.....all free!!  I know, isn't that great and they were all so small that it was still in our calorie count!  We saw "Now You See Me" and we both really enjoyed it.  We are still talking about it!!

Then, because I hadn't been able to walk yet today, Alan took me to the park and we walked together to get my 2 miles in!!  Best walking partner ever!!  We held hands and talked and walked around the lake and saw all the ducks with their baby ducks etc...it was nice!

And that my friends is a perfect cheap date!  Thank you sweet husband of mine!  Lets do it again soon!

Note:  Several weeks ago when I was in Tyler and John and I were out walking we crossed over a bridge that had all these locks locked on it.....and I asked John what was that about.  He didn't know and said he had just noticed them recently as well and wondered if it was part of some marriage counseling thing (since there were offices of that kind in the area we were walking).  But know after seeing the movie "Now You See Me"  I think I know what its about.  In the movie there is a place/bridge in Paris where people go to lock there wishes and/or secrets....they make their wish/secret then lock the lock on the bridge and then throw the key into the water/ocean where it will remain forever.....so there you go.  I might make Alan do something romantic like that with me sometime soon....make a wish/dream and then lock it on the bridge and throw away the key!  We shall see!

No comments: