Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekend with the kids....

Well, this weekend we went down to Tyler to help the kids move out of their apartment!  They are going to be in Utah for 6 wks and when they come back they will be moving into a 2 bedroom apartment, how exciting for them!!  And I'm not going to lie, it was kind of fun to move them because I just bebopped my way up and down those stairs......John always asks me if the stairs I have to do are getting easier, and I always say no.....but I think I saw a huge difference while running up and down stairs with boxes etc...loading the truck and still had energy to help clean the apartment afterwards!

After we got done with that we headed home and the kids came and stayed with us until they flew out on Tuesday!  So we had fun playing games, and playing with Charlotte!!

Ready to go to Church!!

With Grandma of course!!
 
How we love this girl!!
 
Charlotte is bringing Grandma good luck in Canasta!!
 
Monday John needed to see the Doctor I work for, so they came to the office and brought Charlotte to visit grandma at work!!  Work was never so fun......

The Doctor thought she was so cute, he took this picture!!
Then a really nice thing happened, as they were leaving and the Doctor was giving John his last minute instructions he said, "Boy, oh boy, does your mother-in-law love you!!  I hope you know that!  and if every mother-in-law loved their son-in-law they way she does you, this world would be a pretty amazing place"  I was surprised but happy that he said this to John for several reasons!  First, because its true, I do really love him!  Second, because it means that I show that love in everything I do and say regarding John for someone I work with to recognize it - which makes it honest in a very revealing way!  And 3rd, I thought it was a very kind compliment to me and I was glad that John was able to hear of my obvious love from someone totally not related to me or our family!

John, of course said really nice things too, like "Yes, I know", and  "they would be lucky like me" in response to - if every mother-in-law loved their son-in-law like I did etc....  I'm so glad that he knows he is loved by Alan and I.  And I'm grateful that Allison's in-laws are just as wonderful and love her because it shows and it makes a difference in how happy a marriage can be, when you feel unconditional love not only from your parents but from your in-laws as well!

At Allison's baby shower when introducing Marianne Rex to everyone I told them that if everyone had a mother-in-law like her there would be no mother-in-law stories!! And that is the truth!!  John (the Dad) and Marianne have loved Allison from the beginning and have always shown that love in words and actions!

No comments: