Sunday, June 30, 2013

June = Wedding = Wedding reception!!


There was a wedding reception Saturday!  This young man, Russell Updike, is an incredible young man, who has waited a very long time to find the "right" person to take the the Temple and be married for Time and All Eternity!!  After he could no longer be apart of the singles ward due to age....he became a member of our ward, and immediately became the Elders Quorum President, then an early morning seminary teacher.....and my personal favorite, my substitute in Gospel Doctrine class!  He has endured much ribbing about "When are you going to get married" to which he always handle good naturedly and also responded with "Believe me I'm trying".  And we are so pleased that he found someone perfect for him and that they are still in our Ward!

When meeting with the Relief Society President to see how the Ward could help with the reception here in Texas, Russell gave a list of names of people they would like to ask to help and I was one of them, which I was thrilled to do, and thrilled that I would be on the list of who he considers his friends and people he felt would be willing to and want to help!  Yes, that is me!  The reception was very well attended, as Alan and I knew it would be, because I think everyone in the whole Stake was excited to hear the news that he was engaged, because he really is just that amazing of a person, that everyone would be glad to see him married, happy, and would want to help CELEBRATE!

 

No comments: