Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fun Bridal Shower....

A young woman in our Ward/Church is getting married, so last Saturday, a couple of the ladies from our church had a Bridal Shower for her!  This young woman (Aleigh Denti) is getting married in the San Antonio Temple July 6th with a Reception later that day at our church bldg.  (I'm in charge of the Photo Booth that night so I wrangled my friends Caitlin and MaryAnn to help me with this big project.  I'm sure pictures will be forthcoming of how we decorated it.)  Anyway, Saturday afternoon we got to celebrate her forthcoming marriage and it was a lot of fun!  Aleigh is a beautiful young woman inside and out and it was fun to celebrate this time with her.  Yensy Willden and Pamela Dennison gave the shower and I loved, loved loved, the refreshments they served.....they had all kinds of fruit and vegetables and some yummy punch, but the really cool thing they did, was they had Yamilla Pruit in our Ward, who is the best baker I've ever met, make these really fancy big cookies and then there was a yogurt and frosting concoction that you were suppose to frost the cookie with then you topped it with the cut fruit and they called them mini fruit pizza's and oh, my they were so good.  I told my friends not to let me have 2 cookies, only one, so when I went back for another one, they did grab it out of my hand and wouldn't let me eat it!!  You really have to have good friends!! lol!!  Because I really am a little tired of dieting all the time.  But I want to remain strong!

Aleigh is the beautiful one on the left with long blond hair

The picked winner of this silly game!!

My teams submission....

We really liked the back...

 
The other game we played everyone had to tell 2 truths and 1 lie about Aleigh....then we had to guess which was the lie.....and then Aleigh told us which was the lie......this game was a little hard for me because I don't like to lie.......but it was fun hearing funny stories about Aleigh growing up and wondering which was true and which were lies!!  So even though I hate playing party games, these were fun and I got in the spirit of the party and just enjoyed and participated!!

No comments: