Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 21 - Biggest Loser - Charlotte Edition

So hey, I'm down 2 more lbs.  Which makes my total weight loss to date 70 lbs!!  Our patients at work that come on a regular basis are all noticing and asking what my secret is.....to which I always say, nothing new, just counting calories and walking!!  But it is fun to have people notice at work.  And I'm also noticing that people (strangers) treat me different now, which I think is sad, but a fact of life and one that Alan told me would happen when we both started losing weight.  But mainly I feel better about myself and that's the most important thing I've typed in this post!  I went to buy something to wear for Sunday, and I bought the smallest size I've purchased in many a moon!  It was a great and exciting feeling!

I am also excited because one of the young women in our Ward/Church asked me to help her with one of her value projects for her YW Personal Progress award!  The value was Knowledge and her project is to become healthy....so I helped her figure out her calories, and how to keep track of them, or figure out how many calories are in the dinner her mom just made.....and then gave her a work out plan etc...All I did was pass on what John (my son-in-law) taught me...but it is good and really fun to see each other and know that we have this little project together!!  And I did tell her I would walk with her anytime if she needed me to help stay on track with that!!  I'm happy and honored to be apart of it!!

Charlotte, the reason we are in this little contest, is in Utah, and I have to say I really miss her and I am sad that I'm missing all the new things that she is doing....but we look forward to their return in July!!

John has lost 60 lbs, and as far as total body weight loss he is a little ahead of me so he would be winning right now, so I need to get busy and get back in the lead!!  He's keeping me on my toes!!

No comments: