Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 20 - Biggest Loser - Charlotte Edition

It's been pretty exciting around our house as Alan is getting ready for Scout camp and really cannot wear his old jeans, so we had to buy new jeans and this the first time we have gone out to buy him new clothes instead of just wearing the "too big" ones that we both have been wearing.  It's really hard to go out and buy new clothes when you know this is not the stopping point, that you still have lots more to go....but on the other hand, it is very exciting to see the sizes disappear as you have to keep going to a smaller size than even you thought it would be....For some reason I'm not seeing my sizes drop as fast, but I think that is just women, unfortunately!!

Alan thinks that people will not be interested in seeing his picture because he still has so much more to go...but I beg to differ and I think it was fun and exciting to see the difference already!!  So in order not to spoil my fun, he let me take a picture, because that is just the kind of husband he is!!  Love him!

from size 60 to size 50!!!

68 lbs lighter!!
Because Alan started losing weight last July just from a change in his job, we are not sure how many lbs he has lost to date, but it has to be at least 75-80 we are thinking if not more (I really think its more) but me, we know for sure.....Week 20 I'm down 68 lbs!

For those who still wonder how we are doing it see (this post.)

And for those who want to know what diet I'm on, I'm not, its just counting calories and walking every day.  I eat whatever I want but I have to count the calories and make sure I don't go over my calorie allowance for that day and I am religious about it!!  And of course when your calorie allowance per day goes down each week because you are losing weight you start to be smart about what calories you eat.....things that are healthy and filling like vegetables, and fruits, chicken, etc......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys look amazing!!! Can't wait to see you in person. Great job, and keep up the hard work!!!

Dawn Gibson said...

I was telling Alan how great he looks the other day at church. I'm so proud of ya'll! Keep up the great work.