Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Biggest Loser - The Charlotte Edition

Picture by Bing Images
O.k., so my son-in-law is tricky, tricky, tricky!!  All week while I was in Tyler at their home and in the evening when he came home from work we would watch episode after episode of past seasons of "The Biggest Loser" so that by the end of the week I said something like "I probably should do something like this" to which he said....

"We were going to talk to you and Dad about this, we think we should do 'The biggest Loser as a family for Charlotte'!"  And he said that he and Allison have been talking about this because they want her grandparents around for Baptisms, graduation, wedding, etc..  Allison said, "after all my grandmother barely made it to my wedding"  Which really hit a note with me as my Mom did die 2 weeks after Allison's wedding.

So I said o.k and during the Super Bowl John talked to Alan about it and he agreed that we needed to do something and was happy to go along with this plan as well.

So for me, I weighed in (scary number and I must really love and trust my SIL to let him see that) and John worked up my exercise plan, and number of calories a day to eat etc... and every night we have to text him if we did them or not.

So, I have been drinking water starting Monday, with no diet coke at all!! And have started the exercise program -  Amazing I know....but I guess that is what you will do for a grandchild!!

I'll keep you posted.....Maybe!!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Lois, I'm so proud of you! I actually started Weight Watchers this week, so maybe you and I can exchange notes and encouragements. :) You'll be great!

And for the record, water is going to be your best friend soon, so stick with it! I decided about 4 or 5 months ago to just stop drinking pop, and it's amazing how much better I feel when I keep hydrated all day. If you can just get past those cravings, you'll be golden. You can do it! I look forward to hearing and seeing your progress. :)