Wednesday, February 20, 2013

We might go to Tyler, Texas a lot......

We might go to Tyler, Texas a lot......but we have never gone without being invited!! So, as long as they invite and want us to come and spend time with Charlotte, we are there!!

Sunday, we went to visit and this time Aileen held Charlotte and it was so cute so see Charlotte looking at Aileen and Aileen looking at Charlotte.....until I got the camera out, then she posed/looked at the camera because she has learned after all these years that that is usually what I want....but it really was so cute to see them looking at one another!!  Then she gave her a kiss on her head when she was done.  At first, Aileen didn't know what to do, so Allison helped her hold out her arms and I held Charlotte and then Aileen understood more what she was suppose to do....so in the picture you can see her hand holding Charlotte's bottom and what you can't see is her other arm under Charlotte, but if you look close you can see her fingers coming around on top of my hand, so Charlotte really is in her arms!!

This visit was really fun because Charlotte was awake a lot, and not just to eat, she was looking all around letting us talk to her and she was showing us that she can turn her head on her tummy now....and her mom puts cute things like a book and rattle, etc.. on the blanket to catch her attention.


 
We also were able to introduce Charlotte to the Brown family tradition of playing Canasta!  She was a pretty good luck charm.....for Mommy and Grandma anyway!!


Then they made me start taking pictures without the flash because they were worried I was blinding Charlotte, so if any body moves or any part of anybody moves, its blurry.....but still cute.  This is a cute one of Daddy telling Charlotte that Grandma is crazy with the camera and pictures....

 
She is paying such close attention, isn't she....oh, she is so cute!!  And she loves Grandma anyway!!

Then as Mommy and Grandma were beating the boys, again!!, She fell asleep in her bouncy chair listening to vacuum noises from Mommy's phone!


I really don't know what we did for entertainment or fun before she got here!!

They took Charlotte to Church for the first time, and she wore the cutest dress that Grandma Rex got her.....oh, she is an angel!!


That's how I feel after church on Sunday too!!  I don't know if I've mentioned this before but she is a beauty!!

So that to me is how you spend a perfect Sunday afternoon, with your granddaughter, in Tyler, Texas, after being invited, because you have awesome children!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to laugh at the vacuum noise thing! It is just such a great idea! When my firstborn was an infant he would only fall asleep to the sound of the vacuum so what would Cameron and I do every night? We would turn the vacuum on in the same room as his crib and leave it on for a good 10 minutes! We were living a townhome with pretty thin walls at that time so I am sure our neighbors thought we were insane! But it is a good thing to know that you can find that noise on the phone now! I will remember that for the next one!