Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend news....


http://allisonrexphotography.blogspot.com/ 

I knew that Allison had taken Charlotte's newborn pictures and I was being very patient and never brought them up once, knowing that she had her hands full taking care of a newborn!!  So I was really proud of myself that I never asked, but thrilled when Allison posted this picture on facebook with her story of Charlotte's birth. (see here) and to me this was the most exciting thing of the weekend!  But there were other things that happened that you might think are more interesting!!

Friday night we went to a party for Jace Thompson who in previous posts I told you about the sweet little boy who had a shattered femur and was in a whole leg/body cast....well, it came off on Thursday and Friday they celebrated!!  We had so much fun and even had a little bit of ice cream, the difference being that we would have usually taken a LOT of ice cream...so i guess we are learning.

Then because our respite care from the new program that Aileen is signed up on (Texas Home Living) finally was finalized Alan and I went out on a date....by ourselves, part of which was going to Jace's 'The Big Orange Cast is Gone' party, then off to the movies, where we saw"Lincoln" which we have been dying to see and so glad that it was still in theatres!!  And it was amazing.

Saturday was a busy crazy day!!  We got up early because it was our families turn to clean the church and with this weekend being stake conference we wanted to get it done early enough and make sure everything looked beautiful!!

Then I went visiting teaching with MaryAnn and dropped off Valentines bags to our "sweetheart of sisters"!!

Alan had to go with his High Priest Group and set up chairs at the church at noon.  Then had a Priesthood Leadership at 4:00.  Then together all the adults in our family (Aileen included) went to the Saturday night Adult Meeting at 7:00.  All the talks were amazing and just what we needed to hear and Aileen was so good, I couldn't believe it.  I didn't have to take her out at all.  That's because she is awesome!! (fitting reference from our Stake Relief Society Pres. talk Saturday night).

One special thing that Aileen did that night was she would grab her Dad's hand and hold it in her lap and then she grabbed my had and put it in her lap....and if it wouldn't have been in the Chapel and in the middle of a meeting, I would have taken a picture....because it is still a beautiful picture in my mind Aileen sitting there with both our hands in her lap.....like "Hey, we are a unit"!

Sunday morning was Stake Conference Continued....but where I was asked to be the chorister.  Now, I have been a chorister a million times, but I guess it has been a long time since in front of so many people....and I was a little nervous I realized.  Funny!  But I love being the Chorister with someone like Carol Malone, who can follow, it makes it really fun!!

Then Sunday afternoon we have been resting, using our new exercise bike, and getting ready for a new week!!

It was a great weekend!  The only thing is that they go by so fast!!

No comments: