Monday, May 27, 2013

Getting to play with Miss Charlotte

This last week I was able to go to Tyler for a couple of days to help Allison while she had some Doctor appointments and procedures and even though we were a little worried, all test came back good and normal so all is good, but even though we were a little worried.....we were still able to enjoy our time together and with Miss Charlotte!

Tuesday night I drove down and the weather was tornado weather with windy windy rain....but I got to Tyler while it was still light enough outside so that I could see the tornado coming if it came (Luckily not)....but I knew I would rather be able to see it than be in the dark and not know!  Because of the weather, the Doctor I work for closed the office early and let me leave earlier than planned for Tyler, because he was worried about my drive.....I thought that was incredibly kind!

Wednesday, I got to go to Charlotte's 4 month check-up and be the hero that saved her from the mean Nurse and Mom that held her down and gave her shots!!  That's what Grandma's are for after all to rescue grandchildren from their mean parents lol!!

 
Then later that afternoon I watched Charlotte while Allison went to her Doctor's appointment and procedure and then because Allison couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs. for 36 hrs, I took care of Charlotte with John and only handed her to Allison so she could nurse etc...  I know it was hard on Allison not be be able to pick her up and care for her as she usually does, she is such a good Mom.  But it was wonderful for me to get to be the main care giver of Charlotte for that time.

This is Charlotte ready to hit the town shopping!!
Thursday, we decided we had to go shopping, and so we did.  We had lots of fun picking out a swimsuit for Charlotte for Memorial Day when we are all going to be together for swimming and hamburgers!!  It has the cutest matching towel and everything!


In her new swimsuit!!




 Then after John got off work we decided to go out to dinner to Chili's and Grandma had bought some new onsies for Charlotte, and we got them in John's favorite color....yellow!!  So we let John pick which outfit, its kind of fun to see him care what Charlotte is dressed in and looks like!!  Of course Charlotte was a hit at Chili's!

 
 
 
 
While there I still had to work out, so I used the treadmill a couple of times (Tues. & Thurs.) and on Wednesday John and I did walk for 4 miles.  I'm grateful to John for all his support of me, but especially this week, I was grateful that he is such a supportive loving husband that helps so much at home!!  He is a great father and husband!  So glad they found each other, they are perfect together!!
 

No comments: