Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We were asked to come babysit.....

 
Alan and I were so excited because for the first time Allison and John asked us if we could come and babysit Charlotte.  This is really the first time they have left Charlotte with us for any length of time and we were excited that they wanted us to and that they knew they could trust us.


They are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment to move to and needed to go check out apartments Saturday during the day.  Then John & I went on a 6 mile walk so we could get our exercising in.  We all played a little Canasta which we've been playing girls against guys and usually the girls win, but this time we really caught them and it was kind of fun.


We had Outback steaks for dinner and then Allison and John went on a date to see Iron Man 3!  I had seen it Thursday night with my girlfriends and they had T-shirts for sale and since I know how much John likes Iron Man, I bought him one.  He liked it and decided that he would wear it to the movie.  It was fun to see that he was excited to have it.  Allison only called home twice to see how things were going with Charlotte lol!!  So cute! It was her first time away for any amount of time at all, we could tell!  She's such a great Mom.


Then Alan, Aileen, and I headed home and all the way home Alan and I commented on what a great day it had been and how thrilled we were that they would ask us to come and babysit!


No comments: