Friday, October 25, 2013

Columbus Day 2013.....

Columbus day is not normally a holiday that I would make too much note about except for this year it was a School Holiday, so other than football practice in the morning, John was off.   Alan had some comp time he needed to take so he was off in the afternoon, so the kids came over.  We grilled some turkey burgers and made lettuce wraps and had a yummy dinner.... then for FHE we played Canasta!  It felt like it had been forever since we had played cards and I was so excited, except for Allison and Alan whoped John and me!!  I couldn't believe how lucky (they would say skill) they were and how badly we did, although we did make a pretty good comeback so it was totally embarrassing!!  Sorry John!  We know you are lucky and good at cards so if we did badly its your mother-in-law's fault!!  lol!! Charlotte was too cute and loved her first taste of a peach popsicle!!  Aileen is even getting use to Charlotte and gave her a kiss!  I really do love having the kids so close....now if we could only get Anne Marie closer....my life would be basically perfect!!




Happy Columbus Day to me!!

No comments: