Sunday, October 13, 2013

Here she comes to save the day........

When you saw that title to this post did the melody to the Mighty Mouse Cartoon run through your head????  It did through mine, but then I'm old and remember the Mighty Mouse Cartoon!!  Of course in the cartoon version of that song its......"Here he comes to save the day...."

Wednesday night I got a call from my brother George and my nephew Tytan because he needed to write a poem for school the next day!  A 20 line poem about a memory.  And George said he had no idea how to help him write a poem.

So I asked Tytan what was one of his favorite memories and he said that going to New Orleans for a Basketball tournament!  I asked him questions about what they did and he told me he ate crawfish for the first time, they bought matching t-shirts, they walked down Bourbon Street, etc.  Then I started helping him put these events into lines of a poem!  I think it turned out pretty cute and he was happy with it.

Now this is nothing compared to what my sister Elizabeth does for my brother's boys......nothing at all, but when I can help, I'm so glad that they call!  I'm always happy to do what I can!  Love you Tytan!!

No comments: