Saturday, October 5, 2013

Super Satruday and General RS Broadcast!!

My sister Elizabeth is in the RS Presidency in her Ward and they decided to have a "Super Saturday" craft day in correlation with the General RS Broadcast.  Barbara and I went up to spend the day with her and make some crafts.  They had great barbecue brisket for lunch and it was fun for us all to be together!!


Elizabeth learning to make new style of bracelets and I speak for
all the girls in our family when I say, We hope we get one for
Christmas - lol!!


I finished my project!!!  You hang pictures from the clips....I told John and Allison they
better get busy filling up all those clips!!
 
I got back to Ft. Worth with enough time to spare before the RS Broadcast that I got a pedicure which I had been needing for several weeks....oh it felt nice to have nice feet again!!



Then because of Charlotte's bedtime and sleep training, Allison decided she needed to watch the RS Broadcast from her home instead of going to the Stake Center, so I went over to watch with her.  Earlier that day Alan/Dad brought home notebooks for us (I love that he knew to do that) because I love taking notes from the RS Broadcast, then next week will be General Conference and I add to my notes and then in a couple of weeks Time Out for Women will happen and I will take more notes!!

I love a new notebook in the fall!!


Also, because there has been so much going on with Charlotte's health, sleep, allergies, etc...Allison has been overwhelmed and a little stressed so I told her something that Bishop Tillman told me when Alan had been unemployed for so long... To write your questions and concerns down, then pray and fast before conference or Broadcast then prayerfully listen for your answers....


It was very special to do this myself but also to have Allison do it and have us start our evening with prayer!  It was a great broadcast and a very spiritual evening even in our (Allison's) home!!

Alan, John, and Aileen went to see a movie while we watched the broadcast!  I think Aileen thought it was cool to be with her Dad and brother on her own and have their undivided attention!  And they were impressed with how good she was at the movie!  So it was a great night for everyone!!

No comments: