Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fondue and Canasta!!

My dear friend MaryAnn Stephens had a birthday at the end of August!  I wanted to do something really special for her and because of many many different things did not have time to do something then and then all of a sudden September was almost gone too.....so I finally picked a date with MaryAnn that would work for her and made her wishes come true and hosted a Fondue and Canasta party!!  When I was trying to find something unusual and special to do for her birthday she said to me one day...."You know what I would really like to do?  Have a fondue and Canasta party!"  And since I am not slow on the uptake, I took my cue from that and started planning a fun Fondue and Canasta party!!

Becky and Shawna helped me get invitations out, get food planned, make sure there was a birthday cake with candles, and even made sure there was a gift from us!!  We did have a fun time and I love that MaryAnn wants to learn and play Canasta!!  Happy Birthday MaryAnn!  We all had fun!!








Even though October is the month that you decorate Halloweenish....I didn't really want to be full out Halloween decorations....so I did pumpkins and scarecrows and I think it was enough, but not overdone!!  I was surprised how many scarecrows, fall leaves, and pumpkins I had!!

 
 
 
 
 
 

While the party was going on....it was one of Aileen's respite care nights, so Miss Yency took Aileen to the movie and they had a great time together!!  Aileen is quite the social gal now!!  Love it!

No comments: