Wednesday, July 3, 2013

5 years at the Doctor's Office....

Both Dr. Malofsky and I were shocked when we realized that June was my 5 yr anniversary of working for him!  It really has just flown by and every minute has been a complete joy!  I'm not kidding.  Other than me wishing I didn't need to work, I have been so happy at this job and I am grateful to Dr. Malofsky and his wife for making work such a nice place to be!  In honor of 5 years Doctor and Marcia took me out to lunch at Charlestons (Which was my Mom's favorite restaurant) to celebrate and it really was a treat!  Kind of fun side note, Dr. Malofsky told all the staff at the restaurant that I'd lost 70 lbs, because he's kind of proud of me too!  funny!  They really are family and whats nice is they think of me as family too!  Here's to another 5 years of a happy work environment!  Thank you!


After we were through I went to see Despicable Me2 - which was so cute and funny and then I went walking to get my 2 miles in, yes I went walking all dressed up, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!!  Even though it was 3:00 in the afternoon it was a breezy cool day in Texas and it felt like how I feel when its 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning!  The only bad thing was I was wearing sandals and I think I have a few blisters on the bottom of my feet now....oops!  But I did it!  That's the important thing.

Because of all the exercising (I think anyway) I had 2 ingrown toenails and then because of the trauma of stubbing my 3rd toe on my left foot 3 times within so many days, about a month ago, I had to have that toenail removed....so I'm a little bit of an invalid right now, but my feet do feel amazingly better even right after the surgeries!!  Poor little toes!!

 
 
The Doctor laughed at me when we were all done yesterday fixing my toes, I said, shoot, I should have taken a picture of you working on my toes....he laughed, he thinks I'm a little bit crazy!  But he said, "so you could blog about it right?"  to which I said, "of course!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lois I am so proud of you. You look great! I was wondering if you could write a little bit sometime on what it was like for you to quit drinking Diet Coke. I know somebody who would like to know about that aspect of your weight loss. Thanks!