Sunday, July 21, 2013

Moving the kids

This Weekend was the big weekend for moving Allison, John, and Charlotte to their new home in Burleson!  We are so excited to have them so close and have promised not to be like the Barone's from "Everybody Loves Raymond".  In fact that's the key word they can give me if I ever get carried away....just say "O.k. Marie" and I'll know!

First we went down to Tyler early to unload the storage unit!  We got there early so John and I had about 1/4 of the truck loaded before all the men helpers from their Ward in Tyler came to help!  We were done and eating lunch before 12:00 which we would have never believed, except we did have a lot of help show up.

Then we headed for Burleson!

We were earlier than we thought getting to the apartment as well, and John and I were of the same mind, that just keep working is the best policy, so we had about half of the truck unloaded before the help from their new Ward came....but with 3 flights of stairs to go up with every piece of furniture and every box....believe me we were so appreciative of their help!

3 flights of stairs were brutal but John and I muscled through!
John is such a hard worker, never complains, just gets it done.
 
Aunt Elizabeth helped with Charlotte, I mean someone has to do it.......and she brought dinner.  Alan was sorry he had to work....really???  Yes, really, but he came home when his workshop was over and helped with what was left!  And thanks to Vera, Aileen's caregiver, who I will never be able to express how much I appreciate adequately, I was able to help all day!
 
Aunt Elizabeth and Charlotte reunited!!
 
 

No comments: