Sunday, July 7, 2013

Date Night with my Baby!!

Because the 4th of July fell on a Thursday this year, and because all of the Doctor's friends (who are Doctors too) were closing their offices for a 4 day weekend, we did too!  Yay!  So, Friday I got up early and walked 2 miles with my friends Caitlin Thompson, and MaryAnn Stephens.  Which is always amazing to me that they will come and do this, especially since Caitlin has to bring her 3 children.  But they do!

Afterwards, we headed up to the church to set up our "Photo Booth" for Aleigh Denti's wedding reception Saturday night!  I didn't want to post about this until after the wedding so it would be a surprise for everyone at the wedding reception instead of showing it all beforehand.  But even if I do say so myself, I think it turned out grand!  Caitlin came up with the idea (she is brilliant that way), and made the pompoms, mustaches and Glasses, and had the curtains that were in the color we needed.  MaryAnn had the "good" camera, and the white fabric used with the curtains, some ladies hats, the cute basket that we put the mustaches in, and had the beautiful mirror for people to make sure they looked o.k.; and nice wood t.v. trays for us to put all the props on.  Then, I made the sign for the photo booth, the sign-up sheets, added more hats (cowboy), gloves, boa's, parasol, tiara, blank frame, etc...and I brought one of my antique chairs an viola you have a photo booth.  Aleigh loved it and her wedding party had a lot of fun with it at the reception and that is really all that matters, but I know that others had fun with it too, so we were all happy that it was a success!  Thanks ladies for your know how and help!!  I loved that the next day (after the wedding reception) Alan said, well as always you MaryAnn and Caitlin, did a great job as you always do when you are in charge of anything!!  Thanks sweetie!!







By Friday night I was ready for a night out with my baby!!  Vera Moore is Aileen's care giver for respite and she is amazing!  We are so lucky to have her in our life....and I know Aileen loves having her very own friend that comes just for her!!


So, Alan and I went out to dinner at "Outback" because I have been craving a good steak....and if I get the 6 oz Outback special, with steamed vegetables, and asparigus it is only 409 calories!!  That fits right into my counting for that day!!


And even though some people had said that they didn't really like the "Lone Ranger" the movie we wanted to see that so we went!  Now Alan and I really enjoyed it even though it was not what we expected!  That's probably why some have not enjoyed it because it was not what they expected or followed the T.V. show you grew up with at all.....but we thought it was very entertaining and that is why we go to a movie......to be entertained!!  We thought it was great!  Very funny!  And very unexpected, and I mean that in a good way!


No comments: