Sunday, July 21, 2013

Acts of Love and Service......

Sometimes I am blown away with what amazing children I have!  All four are just amazing adults and I'm so proud to be their parent!

Tuesday, I came home from work and I wish I could of had before pictures....but Allison and John decided to organize our home for us!  It was a beautiful surprise!

When we bought this house from my Dad, he was getting married and basically took very few things with him when he moved and left all the rest here.  I have been very slow about getting rid of things and organizing things the way I would like.  It has also made unpacking all my stuff from storage hard, but I had been doing that slowly as well with our back porch full of empty boxes and things we were going to throw out as I would unpack.  I always mourned that we couldn't really use our back porch for grilling, or just sitting outside and enjoying company etc.  The porch had some very out of control Ivy vines on one side, some ugly lights and baskets hanging down.  Alan has made more trips to the dump then we can count clearing off the back porch from my unpacking, but then I would unpack or organize and throw away stuff again, and the porch would be full again!

John, broke/cut down all the boxes on the back porch, loaded up bags and cars to go to the dump, and tore out and down all the ivy on the side of the home!  Washed down the porch and made a nice little area for us to grill!  NOW I can get the propane grill I've been dreaming we could have in the back and have company over!!  Whoohoo!  Thanks John, what a great gift!


My pantry, had food left from when my Mom and Dad lived in this home, and I didn't realize that many of the items had expired and needed to be thrown away.....Allison totally cleaned out, and organized my pantry!  Now I actually know what I have and what I need and can find things!!  Allison is worried about my Aluminum foil fetish, though!  lol!!  I guess I had rolls of that everywhere.....but they are all in one place now!


See, I told you I had amazing, thoughtful, loving children!!  Lucky me!  I'm indeed very blessed!!

No comments: