Sunday, July 28, 2013

John had a birthday Saturday and you'll never believe what his birthday wish was.....

I just cannot say enough good about my son-in-law John Rex!  There aren't enough words to express how I feel.  So, of course for his birthday I wanted to make a really big deal about it and do exactly what he wanted to do.  The only thing he would ever tell me was that he wanted to move our Guest bedroom into the area right over the kitchen and move my office from that room to the family room upstairs and make the family room a game room where we could play cards, watch t.v. and any other number of scenarios!  My office furniture was a bear to move the first time we moved it, so I was not overly excited about moving my office furniture, plus that room had been my office/store all my seminary stuff/store all my scrapbooking stuff room for at least 5 yrs.....so to move it all I really had to do a lot of prepping to get ready for the actual move!  But since I really could not get anything out of him other than this that he really wanted for his birthday.....and I could tell that he REALLY did want to do it I said, o.k.  So Saturday morning I got up early and moved all the things out of the way, emptied drawers etc... in prep for when Allison and John came over about 10:30 to make this big move......For John's birthday! (still can't believe this was want he wanted to do) Alan even said to me Saturday morning as he was helping me do the prep work "Why are we doing this"  and I told him, "Because it was the only thing that John said he wanted and since we love our son-in-law we are doing what he wants".  Of course a move like this kind of snowballs, once you move and re-organize one room then you have to do another, and another etc...but I have to say, I'm loving the snowball affect as well!  I wish I would have remembered to take before pictures...I seriously can't believe I didn't......but I still think you will be impressed with the new look!

Celebrating John's birthday at Chili's
This has also made me finally get ready for a big garage sale this coming weekend to get rid of furniture and stuff that we have had stored in the garage for years!!  Like I said, snowball.....
John had it all pictured in his mind, he said, for at least a year....and I really really love it!  I've really missed something not having a son all my life....so glad I have one now!!  Now I just have to decorate to match all the changes....some pictures etc... may not be staying where they are but you will at least get the idea!

my new office area - in the game room

 
my new sewing and craft wall


The Entertainment area - this was not posed, they were all there watching
the Soccer game!
 Then when we want to play cards we will pull out the card table and chairs and play cards upstairs in the game room.

The new guest room - that use to be my office/everything else room!!
I need a full size headboard.  And I'm going to be looking for
Nautical or Lighthouse bedding as most of my decorating items in this room
are lighthouses and shells!

I don't think I've been able to shut the closet doors in years!!

We are going to buy drapes to drape on either side of this
loft railing and matching ones on the silly pink window too!!
There is still work to do to make it what I would really like decorating wise, paint, drapes, moving pictures around and a headboard!  But its very exciting!!

No comments: