Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 22 - Biggest Loser - Charlotte Edition

Well, it happened folks....and some people have said, its about time, lol!! But I have plateaued on my weight loss.  I am only down 1 lb this week even though I walked extra this week.  I will admit as well, that as a test I didn't keep such strict tabs on my calories, and now I know that I must keep strict tabs on my calories....because I will say it was a little frustrating to work so hard all week on the exercise part and only lose 1 lb!  But my total for week 22 is 71 lbs.  Still not a bad number!

It was fun to see people that I haven't seen for a while at the wedding and have them be so surprised to see how I look!  I will admit that it is looks and comments like that that keep me motivated in keeping up the work it takes to lose weight!  I also am trying when people ask me how I'm doing it, to answer as quickly as I can and not spend all my time talking about weight loss, but I might be failing a little about that....but I don't want to be one of "those people" that when they are in the middle of something like losing weight, quiting smoking, etc... that, that is all they talk about!  I'll keep working on that.

I had a request to talk about my stopping drinking diet coke and how that went.  In weight loss it is absolutely the best and biggest change you can make (no soda).  The reason I was able to lose 14 lbs that first week, I know was in great part (and John agrees) to not drinking any more soda period.  And I stopped just like that.... I started out by only drinking water.  I didn't cut back a little at a time.  I just stopped!  In past times when I quit drinking diet coke/caffeine I had headaches etc... which I just took Tylenol for and after the first week they were usually gone.  But I guess, Heavenly Father blessed me this time, because I was taking on such a HUGE life changing endeavor, I didn't have any side-effects!  Really my battle was walking....and now that I'm walking 4 miles on a regular basis I can't believe how hard it use to be to walk 1 mile everyday.  I was really that out of shape and that heavy!!

I will say that I think John and Allison asking us to do this lifestyle change for Charlotte has saved Alan and my life!  Literally!  Thanks kids for not being afraid to challenge us!

No comments: