Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Giving to the homeless....

A friend of mine who teaches a class on service in the community during the summer to teenagers, and also happens to be our Stake Relief Society President called and asked if because I have lost all this weight I would want to donate clothes that are too big now to the Union Gospel Mission.  She said that they always need bigger clothes, but don't get those very often.  So there is a real need.  She was arranging a pick up with them for this last weekend.  And that she loved using them because they take care of so many homeless.  With this last week being a little discouraging with losing ZERO lbs.  I thought this would be a great way to not feel discouraged any longer......goodbye big clothes I hope to never see you again!!  I also think the truck will be pleased because she was able to gather a lot of items for the homeless!  This is what Kirsten Murphy posted on FB so that we all could see what we did.  "Going on the truck are: 19 boxes and 13 bags filled with clothes, games, household items, and more; several framed decorative pictures; a small chair and a cooler. It's a win-win act of kindness: we cleaned out items we no longer need that are in good condition that other people can use. This is what I call AWESOME!"


When I told Allison and John about it they smiled really big and asked..."Did it feel really good to get rid of those clothes?"  And I have to say "Yes, yes It did!"  It was a good way to feel good about my weight loss on a week when I didn't lose anything!

No comments: