Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ahhhh, the kids are back!!

Yes, we are very happy parents/grandparents!  John & Allison and Miss Charlotte are back and we are loving every minute of it!!  The kids did a lot of research on apartments etc. on the internet while they were in Utah, so they basically had things all lined up to go see apartment wise!

Thursday before I went to work, I watched Charlotte so that John and Allison could go and look at the apartments they had narrowed down.  While they were gone she woke up after 10 minutes and I knew I was in trouble, but we had so much fun, I had a hard time caring!!  It really wasn't my fault that she woke up....really it wasn't!
Charlotte is reading Grandma's Nook!
And every night since they have flown in on Wednesday, we have played cards!  Its been a lot of fun, first John & I were a team and Allison & Alan which John and I beat them, even if just barely sometimes.  Then we switched teams where it is the old guys (Alan & me) against the younguns (Allison and John) and we have been winning and winning big.....its been kind of funny because John is so competitive, its driving him crazy....so last night I suggested guys against girls and John said no to that, because he wants to beat us finally in the teams where Alan and I have been beating them!  Funny!  The funny thing about the games is that Allison and John are having amazing hands with really high scores, but we are just having phenomenal hands with just higher scores.  Kind of funny....you know the tide will change soon and our luck will run out, but until then, its kind of fun!

Friday after I got off work Allison and Charlotte went with me, because one of my friends had asked if I could watch her little girl while she took her older boys to the movies!  L. Thompson is such a cutie and she is my walking buddy in the mornings, so of course, I was happy to watch her!  It was really sweet!  She really liked Charlotte and Charlotte wanted so bad to just get down and run around with her but she didn't know how....that was too cute!!  L didn't cry when her family left, which I thought was great, and she sat in my lap and let me read to her, and we played and when she got an "owie" she came to me for comfort!  It was a fun afternoon and Allison & Charlotte enjoyed it as well.
 
After that we went to turn in Allison and John's application for thier new apartment!!  Yes, they are quick and they are ready to move this weekend!!  After a summer of nomadness, they are ready to be in their own place with their own things again!!

Saturday was a fun day, it started out with going to a coop that I'd signed up for to get farm fresh fruits and vegetables for the first time!  And we have loved everything that we got with our basket and I have decided we will defintely be doing that again!!

We all went walking and then I went to Rowlett, Tx to pick up my niece who is visiting (dog sitting for my sister who was out of town) so that she could come to the family birthday party Saturday!  Summer turned 7 and had a swim party!

Valeree and Aileen - fun cousins.

Summer the birthday girl!!  With her "Tangled"
birthday cake!
 

David, Landin, and Emmie!!

My family


John taking Charlotte down the slide!!


Allison and Charlotte

Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Aileen with Charlotte

Taylor, Lauren, and Summer



 
Valeree and Grandpa

Grandpa Great and Charlotte

Valeree and Charlotte
 
Valeree, Aashley, Chris and Aunt Debbie (Tootie)

Charlotte holding her party favor gift bag!!  She loved the bag!

All the kids at the party - Charlotte included!!

Valeree and Aunt Beverly

Valeree and Aunt Lois

David and Chris

 
At Chili's after the party for dinner!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You didn't share the GOOD news that the Rex family now lives in Burleson Ward! We're so excited!