Thursday, August 8, 2013

Garage Sale time.....

As a continuation of John's birthday wish of reorganizing our upstairs.....since we were on a roll and Allison and John love organizing things....we decided to finish unpacking all my boxes (yes, we moved in 3 yrs ago.....its a long story) and clean out the garage.  Especially since my car has totally broken down and we need any money we can get for a down payment on a used car for me!!  This was also something to keep us busy, yet productive, because we were not going to get to go on our vacation to the Brown Family Reunion as planned because of the car expenses!  That really broke our hearts.  So this served several purposes.....but mainly I was just thrilled to get all of my parents stuff organized and put away, sold, or given away.....and then get all my stuff unpacked finally and organized, put away, sold, or given away....and to finally feel like I am moved into my house finally!  I really feels like it is mine now because all my stuff is in....all the old is out....and we had a huge success on the garage sale and now have a nice amount of money to put towards a car!  We are selling the red car as is, using the vacation money, and garage sale money and hopefully will be able to get a car for me.  Alan has to have a car for driving around to appointments etc... and his appointments make it so he can't come back and get me and my schedule makes it so I can't go with him and then get picked up by him after.....so here is to hoping!!

Getting ready for a garage sale is always a lot of work.  But this time, it was huge and if John hadn't been with me to clean out the shed, help sort through all the boxes in the garage and the shed (some Anne Marie's and some Allison's as well as my parents) I think I would have been too overwhelmed!  But with assignments every day of what I needed to get done, it was small bites of a huge task, and we were able to accomplish it!  Thank you Allison and John for all your help.  And I'm so glad that John thought that having a Garage sale (which he had never done before) was fun!

And John's Spanish came in very handy!!


I really love how my house feels!  It's really mine now!!  And the Garage Sale was a HUGE Success!!

Here is what my garage looks like now......
 
 And the storage shed.....
so beautiful, aren't they???  Yes!!

No comments: