Monday, August 19, 2013

Thursday = Midnight Movie Night!!

For quite a while now, my friends (Becky & Shawna) and I have been going to the midnight showing Thursday night of whatever new movie is coming out on Friday.....its become a tradition and we enjoy our time together!  This week Becky was out of town but that did not stop Shawna and I from going to see the Midnight showing of "The Butler".  It was a great movie and a good reminder of what we have been through in this country and what we need to remember and learn from.  And as much as I think Obama has ruined our country and I hope we can recover from his 8 yrs.....it was a really big day in the history of our country when a black man was voted President of the United States.  I hope it shows that we have learned that all men are created equal and that anyone can live the 'American Dream'.  It was an important day for those who dreamed a dream and paid a heavy price with their lives.  And this movie is a reminder of what some people have had to endure to be able to ride the Freedom Train.  I always enjoy movies that are made from actual events of someone real!



No comments: