Monday, August 12, 2013

Aileen's missionary moment......

Every moment of Aileen's life has been a missionary moment we know, but we did have a neat experience this last week.  As mentioned in earlier posts, Aileen has respite care givers that come and watch her once a week so that Alan and I can go on a date, or to the temple together, or run errands etc... basically a time once a week where we can be true empty-nesters and be just us!  And we have a new person who is coming right now, who we have just met and really appreciate her personality and that she is a caring, giving person!  Friday night when she and Aileen were trying to do different things together she decided she was going to read a book to her....so she picked up one of my coffee table books and started reading it to Aileen.  When we came home and she was telling us what she had done with Aileen she said, "I read that book about Joseph to Aileen, it was very interesting!"  I looked over and realized it was a beautiful picture book about Joesph Smith that I had gotten out to share with my Gospel Doctrine Class in Sunday School.  Then the next day she asked me about the Temple that we go to in Dallas so we told her about it and showed her a picture on our wall of the Dallas Temple, which led to her asking what church we go to, so we told her, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".  I really like that Aileen got to have this missionary time and that it was because that is just our life and who we are!!!

No comments: