Monday, August 19, 2013

First day of Vacation......

I was supposed to go to Utah for my Vacation, but since that didn't work out I'm enjoying my time off here in town with my family and friends.

I got up and got Aileen ready for her bus to come and get her to go to Day Care!  She loves going and being social with other people.  So unless I am going somewhere with big plans, I hate to keep her home where she would be bored just being with me!!  Believe me she jumps right up in the morning and gets ready to go....I try not to take it too personally! lol!

I caught up my blog for last week.

Then I went to Allison's so that Allison and Charlotte and I could all go for a 2 mile walk!  Then we went to the grocery store - she is getting so big she can even sit in the shopping cart now.  Allison and I had lunch at Chick-fil-a.  Everyone should visit Chick-fil-a and give them your business because a couple of weeks ago, Allison stopped to get some food, Charlotte was crying in the car seat, Allison had finally made her order, when she realized her wallet was not in the diaper bag.  She told the guy at the window that she was really sorry but she realized she didn't have her wallet, but he told her that was o.k. and gave her her order anyway!  So every time I go to Burleson, I stop at that Chick-fil-a!  I watched Charlotte army crawl all over the place, play with her new musical interactive toy, make such cute baby talk and giggles, and then she had to go down for a nap.


 
Shopping with Grandma - such a big girl!!
There was a  baby shower for a sister in our Ward for Emmy Weatbrook! She is having a girl and she said that she was told that because of her heart condition that she should not have any more children so she got rid of all her baby things and knew that she couldn't have any more.  Then they moved to Dallas and her doctor there told her that actually being pregnant would help her heart condition - something about the placenta helping her heart....so she got pregnant again and had always felt that there was 1 more child that they were suppose to have so she says that this baby is a miracle and great blessing!  What a great story!  It was fun to go help celebrate.  I had to leave early to meet Aileen's bus home, so they took pictures with me early......but she had a great turn out to the shower!  And the decorations were so cute and the food outrageously yummy!!

 
 





Later this night while talking to one of my girlfriends, she told me the rest of the story of the baby shower.  I guess at the end Emily thanked everyone and told how she was nervous to move from Dallas to Ft. Worth being so pregnant and needing everything but that her friends(Phoebe and Dhezi) assured her that our Ward was a very loving, supportive, and giving ward and that the sisters here would love and support her and not leave her wanting!  Wow, what a testament of our very service oriented loving Ward from Phoebe and Dhezi, but I'm so glad that we lived up to it and didn't let any of them down.  So happy to be part of such a great Ward with such wonderful sisters!!  So happy I went.

Here are the pictures of all she got....
 
Emily, Pheobe, and Dhezi - they have all been together since moving
from the Philippines to Portland Oregon to here!!!



This was a game they played where everyone put a balloon under their shirt....
I'm glad I wasn't there for that one!! lol!  We have a very pregnant R.S.

I also love driving with my sun roof open in my new car!  It's kind of funny because that was one of the things the salesman kept trying to sell us on...."and it has a sunroof"  We kept telling him that that was not a selling point for us.....but guess what, it might be now!!  Loving it! Driving around with my sunglasses on, the sun roof open, and my air conditioner on....I'm not a complete idiot!! This is Texas after all!! lol!!

 
 
Becky and Shawna called up and asked if I wanted to go to the late show and since I'm on vacation.....Yes!!  So we went to see "Paranoia" it was good.  But it was the best because I was with my girlfriends!!
 
That's a very good first day of Vacation I think!!


No comments: