Monday, August 19, 2013

We've been Married 35 yrs!!!

Friday, August 16, 2013, was our 35th wedding anniversary!  We celebrated by going out to dinner and a movie.  We were going to do something big.....little did we know that the something big was going to buy a new air conditioning unit for our house!! lol!  But that's how it played out, and that is life isn't it?....The best laid plans....

But it was really sweet, the Doctor I work for, he and his wife gave us this giant cookie, (I can't believe I didn't take a picture) you know the ones from the Mall, that are like a cake, but its a cookie and it was all decorated so nicely and said "Happy 35th Anniversary Alan & Lois".  I think they did this, other than the fact that they are just incredibly thoughtful people, but because they knew we weren't going to be able to do anything big any more, and they also said that they knew our "In-laws" (John's Parents) were going to be in town and so we could use this to help celebrate.  So when John & Marianne and the kids all came on Sunday to dinner we did have the cookie for dessert!  And it was yummy!  Thank you Dr. Malofsky and Marcia!!

We went to Boston Market, because we know the calories of what we get there and on a Friday night when trying to make a 7:20 movie you can get in and out pretty quickly and still have a nice sit down dinner.


Alan had really been waiting for the new Steve Jobs movie to come out.  So we went to see "Jobs".  I'm not sure what we thought about it when it was done.  Like I said I always like seeing movies about real people and history.  Alan felt like they didn't finish telling the story like he was left hanging.  I don't know if that was what I felt, but it is worth seeing, I think.


Mainly we just had fun being together and being on a date!  Kind of like when we were dating!  Isn't it great that we still like dating each other after 35 yrs!  I'd say so.  Love you Alan Brown!  So happy you married me and still love me!

No comments: