Monday, August 12, 2013

Just the facts, jack.....

2 weeks ago it started with.....

  • The brakes of the red car totally giving out....and hitting a pole....ooops! 
  • We made a plan to have a garage sale and had to stay home from our Family Reunion in Utah to save money to buy another car.
  • The Garage Sale was a success, we sold the red car, and we used our Vacation money and bought a new/used car on Saturday.
  • The day we bought the car we came home to the A/C not working and our home 100 degrees inside.
  • Sunday morning one of the boys in our neighborhood, who can only be called a troublemaker and who we have watched purposely do things to people, while I was driving my new car to church sped up on his bike, jumped off of it while it was still speeding along so that it would jump the curb and hit my car.
  • As I was walking into church that morning, I fell flat on my face, not sure how or why, right outside the big glass doors to the church, a missionary came out to help me up.
  • Dad ended up in the emergency room on Sunday with chest, arm and leg pain, and other issues.
  • Coming home from Rowlett and the "say goodbye to Logan dinner", a car on I-30 was swerving in and out of lanes like a maniac and hit a sign just right so that it flew up and hit our car as he sped by....
  • We are having to buy a whole new A/C unit.

I'm ready for Monday and a new week!!

The blessings (we have seen them in everything we have faced):

  • Our family understood and supported us not being able to go to the Family Reunion - we really felt their love.
  • I was going slow in a parking lot when the brakes gave out and was able to hit a pole to stop and not a person or car!!!
  • Because of all the organizing and unpacking, selling, dumping of stuff....when we needed to live upstairs in the game room because we have a window unit A/C in that room, we had beds, and room to live there for 3 days!!
  • Many friends including our children offered for us to stay with them while waiting for the A/C repairs.
  • The missionary did come out and help me up so I only had to be embarrassed in front of one person.  And later he and his companion came and asked if there was any way they could help.  Too cute!
  • It could have been the new car that got hit, or worse a really bad accident, or someone hurt.
  • Dad did not have heart problems, or another heart attack, still a worry, but a much less worrisome problem and he was home the same day.
  • Because of awesome talks in Sacrament meeting I was able to forgive the boy with the bike, instead of being so angry and I repented and I was able to give a spiritual lesson in Gospel Doctrine.
  • I got to attend a wedding reception for one of my Seminary Students who was sealed to his sweetheart in the Dallas Temple.
  • Felt support and love from family at our family dinner Sunday night.
  • Got Chocolate from Hawaii from my dear friend Caitlin, who just got back in town!!
  • My friends and family have listened and commiserated with me and given valuable advice.
  • Aileen got to be a missionary to her respite care giver.
  • If the A/C would have broken down before we went to buy the car we would have used that money for the A/C unit and then I would still be car-less and no way to have the lump sum again and really in life these other emergencies will always happen....so it was a blessing we didn't know and used the money for what it had been designated for.
  • I have the love of my amazing husband, all my wonderful 4 children and grandchild.....I am so blessed!!
  • My Savior died for me, so that I can live again, see my mother, my Heavenly Father, and be with my family forever!!

I think the blessings win!

No comments: