Sunday, January 18, 2009

Allison has been called to the R.S. Presidency!

Well, when I got home from Church today....Allison called to let me know that she just got a new calling today to be in her Ward's Relief Society Presidency, 2nd counselor! She has been co-activities committee chairman with a young man in her ward from Russia! When they called her name in sacrament and said what her new calling was she heard him say "oh, no...." afterwards he told her how unhappy he was with this new development and she said that she was sure that her replacement would be just as good, but he wasn't buying it! She is having her activities committee over for dinner today to thank them and kind of as a "it's been fun working with you" kind of a thing. I love that she thought of that.



Then it reminded me of when Anne Marie was in the Single's Ward in Atlanta and she was called to be in the Relief Society Presidency and how proud I was then as well. Amazingly, even though there is 8 yrs difference in these 2 girls of mine they have lead very parallel lives as far as accomplishments, callings, activities, leadership, and compassion! They would be a joy to any mother......fortunately Heavenly Father blessed me with being able to be called their mother!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

It's all true--I love both of your daughters!