Saturday, January 24, 2009

Visiting Teaching is a blast!

This month we have had so much fun getting our Visiting Teaching done (actually MaryAnn and I always have too much fun, but that's another story) I know I already shared Clara's birthday at Ihop, but I couldn't tell about the rest without starting with her again! After having breakfast at Ihop, we helped Rebecca escape from work for a lunch break to Panera Bread, and while there we ran into Pres. Beasley, that was kind of a neat bonus! Then we had a movie night with Becky and sang to all our favorite Abba songs and then hit Braums! Then the topping of the month would have to be helping surprise Barbara with her 60th Birthday party! We visited her and gave her the lesson so she wouldn't be suspious that her sisters had planned a surprise birthday party for her and then she came to Visit Teach me the next day....and I still didn't give it away, which is a miracle if you think about it. Then MaryAnn and I helped set up and get ready for the party on Saturday and I must say I have never seen anyone so surprised as Barbara! Turning 60 is a very big deal in itself, but more so because she has survived Cancer and MADE IT! Yay! I love these women! I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to share in their life and make lasting friendships!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are such awesome experiences!! I love visiting teaching, too! Thank you for sharing your zeal for it!

Ashley said...

You are such a great lady!! I desperately need to get my VT teaching done thos month!