Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve - Bringing In 2009!


For several years now New Years Eve has been very low key! Too much worry about being out traveling with all the drunk drivers. I still miss going Dancing with my husband on New Years Eve, but until I can find somewhere that isn't going to be crazy I'm happy to celebrate with my family.

Allison wanted to spend New Year's Eve at my sister Elizabeth's home....I mean who wouldn't they have the greatest home theatre I have ever seen. they have leather reclining chairs for 6 with cup holders and everything. They have HD Big Screen TV and now have the new Blue Ray DVD player with Blue Ray movies which is an incredible picture...better than any movie theatre and amazing surround sound!

We signed up to take the Sister Missionaries to dinner so we took them to Cousin's for a celebratory New Year's Eve dinner and I don't know if it had just been long enough...or if they had a really good cook that night...but it was delicious, even better than I remember! We also found out that Sister Green's mother and Alan grew up together and their families did everything together....it was the Browns, the Ellis's, and the Holladay's that went to Canyonlands, the Heber Cabin, etc.... and Sister Green is Lisa Holladay's (now Green) daughter we about fell out of our chair when we discovered that. So of course we had to call Mom Brown and tell her and then call Lisa and tell her we were taking good care of her daughter! This makes Sis. Green family...we are very excited.

Sister Green and Sister Wilde

Earlier in the day, and this is why Aileen misses her sisters, Allison gave Aileen a manicure and Aileen loved it. She picked out the color and everything! Then Grandma Clay took Allison to lunch for a Grandma/Granddaughter date and they ended up getting pedicures and said that would teach me for being too tired to go....and they are correct, I love pedicures!

Then we headed to Elizabeth's (Rowlett, TX) and laughed and played cards all night! Canasta the Clay traditional card game, and then Shanghi which is the Brown traditional card game. Let's just say I had a very good night with cards!!! I won all the Canasta games and I almost made the zero club in Shanghi made it all the way to 3 sets before I got caught! Darn it. That would have been a great way to start 2009! Oh, well I have all year to try and make that goal!

Happy New Year to everyone and 2009 is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like a very fun celebration. Allison looks so happy! How fun. Cameron and I celebrated by feeding the baby and changing his diaper!