Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's still Saturday 1-3-09

I don't care what time the computer clock says....I'm still awake on Saturday night (really Sunday Morning now) and so it is still Saturday!


Friday 1-2-09 I was the only one in my family that had to work that day....can I tell you it really did not seem fair! Allison and her Dad had been planning on spending some one on one time together before she has to go back to college...so when I got home from work they went and saw the movie "Seven Pounds" Allison said it was really good (being a theatre major she can always appreciate movies) Alan liked it as well, however he said it is not an entertaining movie. But they both enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing it together. I have not been able to figure out what the movie is about from the previews....nor would either of them tell me...they said you have to see it...it will ruin it otherwise! Interesting!



Today is the last day that Allison is here. She goes back to Provo tomorrow. Because of this My sister Elizabeth wanted to come and spend one last afternoon with Allison. Allison is always busy while home catching up with friends and dates etc....so we have to try and fit everything around her schedule. Elizabeth drove down from Rowlett and it was about 1:00 and we were off, however, I have been telling my mother for a long time that her tires looked flat, and my Dad said something about her tires looking flat, and Elizabeth has been very worried about her tires being flat. So we stopped at a Gas Station on the way out to lunch to fill her tires with air.


First we didn't have a gage, or know how much pressure should be in it....so we read in the manual and found out how much pressure....then we sent Allison in to buy a tire gage....then we got the quarters necessary to make the air work.....well, long story short.......we made the tires more flat and couldn't get air in the tires at all!!!!! So then we had to quickly drive to a Discount tire and wait in line and then embarrassingly tell 3 repair men that we had tried to fill our mother's tires with air, but that now they were flat....I think we brightened their day! Yes, they did laugh, but one of them came out and looked at them and then told us to pull around to the last stall and they would fill the tires for us! You know what they say "No good deed goes unpunished" The thing that was most frustrating to me is that this is so like my family -- we say we are going to stop and do something really quick and 2 hours later we are still dealing with the fallout. This time it did not take that long but you get the idea....I think next time we should take my car and then on the way to going somewhere we can stop and fix my brakes! j/k!


Elizabeth and I trying to put air in the tires and making them more flat



The Discount Tire guy REALLY putting air into the tires

Then we finally made it to the "Olive Garden" for a girls lunch out and it tasted so good! Since my sister got a new very expensive very nice camera for Christmas we went to the Botanical Gardens to take some fun pictures.







Then we went home and Allison went off to her things and Elizabeth, mom, and I watched a DVD "The Women" which I had already seen at the movie theatre with my dear friend Rebecca when it 1st came out.......but was thrilled to see it again with my Mom and sister!

1 comment:

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Tell Aunt Elizabeth that I love her!