Friday, January 30, 2009

The Utah Jazz!!!!

So Allison texted me tonight to rub into her father and I that she just happened to be at a Utah Jazz basketball game....

oh, man.....we were jealous! It really made us homesick for all our years in Utah and how much fun we had going to watch our favorite Team! I hope she has fun...darn her!

So...how do you like this warm weather? It still amazes me the difference a day can make in Texas! So if there is ever any kind of storm going on that you don't particularly like...don't worry just wait a few minutes and it will change! Ha!

I worked a full day on Thursday and Friday to make up for missing hours because of the Doctor's office being closed for the ice storm....and I was exhausted! I have to tell you I use to work long hard hours everyday and sometimes weekends too when I had 3 little girls at home...don't know how I did it when I look back sometimes...other than I have a wonderful, helpful and supportive husband. But still I don't think I would ever want to go back to that....I'm very happy with where I am at now! It's enough to make me feel good about myself, I feel intelligent and useful and with the patient's it is giving service and helping people (even though I'm getting paid) and that makes me feel good as well and I don't think I have ever been as appreciated as I am here. I always thought that the architects office in Utah was "THE JOB" and I felt good and smart and necessary etc....and very much appreciated by the CEO! But maybe I'm older...different priorities...but I believe this is better and not as much stress and I can still be a good mother to Aileen....in other words...the best of both worlds! Ya gotta love that!

I think what made me think about all this and count my blessings....was hearing about the Utah Jazz and the memories of living in Utah and what our life was like etc....I have been so blessed everywhere we have lived! I am very grateful!

Her call also brought up others memories as she is attending the Y and dating etc....it always makes me remember my experiences at the Y and falling in love and getting married. Wow, was I ever that young? I guess I was and it also really makes me appreciate that even at such a young age I knew a good thing when I saw it! Really I am married to the love of my life....both this one and the one in the eternities! How do you luck out and find that when you are 18! Really quit amazing and I also recognize the hand of the Lord in my blessings! Anyone who has ever met my husband has always told me what amazing man he is. I just want everyone else to know that I know it too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love those family pictures on the side!

Yes, the Utah Jazz are amazing, and Cameron and I had the fortune of attending a few games when we lived in Utah. Utah is a fun place to live and we miss it! Thanks for sharing your comments about the Y and dating. 3 years ago Cameron and I were dating each other and it's fun to think back on the memories.