Saturday, January 17, 2009

Children's Book Baby Shower!



The baby shower today was a lot of fun! I was so busy holding all the baby's though, I didn't get very many pictures. I debated on whether to do a slide show or a collage and decided on a collage! I also realized the only picture I had of J and her baby didn't turn out...I feel bad about that but there are pictures of J enjoying looking at all the books that her son received! I did manage to get a picture of Sis. Z and her baby girl. K's house was decorated amazingly...there were Children's books everywhere as well as the stuffed animal or some other kind of prop that went with each book. The food table was imaginative as well --





the food table had books on it as well then also had the food to match the children's story i.e. "If You Gave A Moose A Muffin", so there were muffins etc.... very clever!

The game we had went with the books as well....we had a list of hints and we had to find the books all through her house that went with that hint and then write down the title. All the mother's were very excited because the gift for that game was everyone got to pick a children's book or some chocolate....I opted for the chocolate. Most of the mothers had small children in their home still so I wanted to make sure they got a book, really self sacrificing aren't I? Ha!

It was an awesome shower with a nice attendance, not that you would know it by the pictures I took...because like I said...I didn't take any pictures once people started coming, I was holding babies! Very nice time! Thank you K for all your hard work!


K - PS. I don't think I said cute once in this blog!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow...sounds so much fun. I would have never thought of an idea like that but will keep it in the back of my mind now.

K said...

I'm glad you didn't say "cute!" And your collage looks great - where'd you create it?

K

Lois Brown said...

I downloaded picaso and have just started learning how to make collages on that! I'm slowly but surely learning how to do some stuff! ha!

Ashley said...

What a great idea. Sorry I couldn't make it. I got to meet my blogging friend Krista!! It's probably a good thing though, cause I might have taken all those cool books with me...

The Jacobson Family said...

I love this idea! It sounds like it turned out really well.