Saturday, January 10, 2009

Going to the Temple!


The Davila men in front of the Dallas Temple


Today was a beautiful day because Alan and I were able to go to the Temple together which is always a special time when we have someone to watch Aileen so that we can go together instead of trade off....but more importantly it was a beautiful day because I was able to be in the Temple with my seminary students. I was involved in a session with One student who is getting ready to leave on his mission and his brother my other student who just returned not too long ago! It was really amazing. It was exciting because his other two brothers (whom were also my students) did Baptisms for the Dead while we were all involved in the session! I love watching all of my amazing students make correct choice after correct choice! It really was a beautiful day!


Ryan Davila who will be leaving soon on his mission to Chile'


Ryan, Ellery (RM), Colby and Bryce

While we were in Dallas Aileen was happy because she got to spend the afternoon with her friend Katie who always takes such good care of her! She almost forgot to kiss me goodbye as she was pushing me out the door to leave! When we were picking her up Alan says I'll feel bad if she doesn't want to come home with us.....I told him to be happy that she has a friend that she feels that much love and acceptance from and for.....Alan agreed!


Aileen & Katie - having a girls day!

Now I really have to stop postponing getting my Christmas decorations down....I know hard to believe that someone still has theirs up...but hey, at least it is before Valentines day!

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yay for the temple! Thats fantastic that you were able to go!!

And we FINALLY threw away the Christmas tree today ;). Hope you had fun taking the rest of it down!

Ashley said...

What a nice day! I have everything put away but the tree is in it's box in my living room... it's too wide and heavy to fit through the attic hatch. If I put it in our barn or garage the mice eat it. So, it's become a semi-permanent decoration in there!!