Friday, January 16, 2009

The Kissing Hand

Well, I have to tell you I just spent several hours in a place I have not been in a long time! The Children's book department at Barnes & Noble! Since my youngest is 20, you can image that it has been awhile!

The reason I was there is that our R.S. President is having a joint baby shower for 2 new mothers in our ward and it is a Children's book Shower....each of these mothers have 2 or 3 of the same sex children, so probably do not really need a lot of clothes etc...and she is "The Book Wizard" after all....and I think it is a brilliant idea!


So back to reading and reading and reading all of these children's books...they were awesome! But one made me cry and I don't care how old my children are they are all getting it for Valentines day! It is called "The Kissing Hand" it's a keeper....and one of the mothers is getting it tomorrow! I hope I haven't ruined the surprise!


I'm excited to see what books I debated over and put back....that hopefully others bought...because they were all great and any children's library should have them and then I won't feel so bad that I couldn't buy them ALL!!!!!!

4 comments:

K said...

The Kissing Hand is a good one! I'm glad that you spent some quality time in one of my favorite spots (which is where I am getting ready to head to right now for a couple of "last minute" things).

See ya tomorrow.
Kirsten, aka "The Queen of Books"
(seriously, this is my title and all my students know it! After all, they are "Royal Readers!").

Lois Brown said...

I love that "The Queen of Books" is your title...I'll quit making them up now and use that one! And I love that you call your kids "Royal Reader" see how good you are!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea to have a book shower! Children need those good books and what a great time to start a collection.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I've heard about the book shower idea before and I think it's fantastic!! Who couldn't use more books in their life!!!