Sunday, February 22, 2009

After the Oscars!

After the show I think tonight was one of the best Oscar shows I've seen in a long time. I was very excited for Kate Winslett...even though I can't go see either of her movies from 2008 before her win or now, but I think she is a great actress and I'm happy she was recognized.

I was extremely disappointed and worried when the first award, supporting actress role went to Penelope Cruz, whose movie is about a horrible horrible subject I thought we were doomed!


But I loved seeing the past winners come back and salute the nominees. I thought Hugh Jackman did a great job entertaining us. loved the musical numbers and thought the set was beautiful. I loved the short film mixes.


If Milk had to win they should have just said thank you instead of get on their soapbox (pun intended since I guess that's what he did in the movie)i had hoped we had learned in past years not to bring politics into the award but alas. I was surprised when the writer of Milk said he had been a Mormon from Texas before moving to California....


The biggest disappointment for me was that Brad Pitt didn't win..he is such a great actor and was amazing in the "Curios case of Benjamin Button" I thought he deserved to finally be nominated and win.


And thanks to my "a-may-zing wonder woman" for commenting on my previous post and making me feel like someone agreed with me!!!!!

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Somehow, I missed the Milk writer talking about being a mormon from texas! Probably because as soon as he started talking about the material I turned the channel. (I felt guilty enough watching the oscars on a sunday, I couldn't stomache watching them direct hateful comments to supporters of prop 8!)

I have yet to see Benjamin Button, though I've heard it's really great. Brad Pitt doesn't seem to get much critical acclaim, does he? Maybe they discount his acting because of his good looks and personal life. Kinda sad.

Lois Brown said...

Some people say that Curios case of Benjamin Button's was too much like Forest Gump...but Curios Case was a book written by a F. Scott Fitzgerald. So I think maybe Forest Gump copies Curios Case... it was enough different it didn't bother me about the forest gump thing. But still for Brad Pitt to have played all those different eras of his life going backwards was really fine acting!