Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine, My Love....

So my sweetie surprised me for Valentine's Day! He originally told me that I could get airplane tickets to go see my girls because I was so homesick for them a couple of weeks ago...
so I did! yay! Therefore, I was not expecting any thing today! But my love, brought in to me this beautiful box and said...
"When I saw this, I knew it was for you and I had to get it" then he went on to explain how he knew I loved boxes, and antique's and how this just looked like me and it spoke to him. Well, can I tell you I was in tears....but the best part to me is the cute YOUNG couple walking on the beach holding hands and that that is how HE SEE's US! We are not that young cute couple anymore...but he still thinks of us that way! I LOVE IT and I LOVE HIM!

For his Valentine's day gift I bought him a DVD he had been wanting, girl scout cookies and took him out to breakfast this morning with Aileen....which we all loved and then tonight we are going to watch "Fire Proof" together! Which we have both heard raves about but have not seen...so we will watch it together! He also got a airplane ticket to go out and pick up Allison from College in April. He will of course get to see Anne Marie and his family while he is there so that will be awesome for him too!

And this weekend is extra special because on Monday it will be 31 yrs since the day that Alan & I met! We met on President's Day Holiday at BYU in the Library...the reason we remember this so well, is it was a holiday and both of us just about didn't go to study because we wanted to play, but we went to the library anyway...and then we met.......and as they say "The rest is history!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahw that is so sweet of him!! and i'll really try my hardest to keep the pics of lucas coming! lol hopefully i can keep up with them!

~Rachel said...

What a nice Valentines day you had.
That was such a sweet gift from
Alan. We usually don't do much on Valentines day but we made reservations at the Gardens resturant that is inside the Botanical Gardens. We had a candlelite, four course dinner. Then we took Valentines gifts back to the kids. It was really nice.

Lois Brown said...

Rachel I love that you and Mike got to do that....that sounds very romantic and very thoughtful for whoever planned it!!!! Yay!